Many girls love their hair. Even if you are the type to change it up over and over again, you still love your hair. But just because we love it doesn’t mean we are good at protecting it. Here are some tips to help save your beautiful hair.
- do a hair mask at least once a week. Depending on what type of hair you have depends on what hair mask you will do. To figure out which kind will work for you consult your beautician or a beauty retailer.
- REFRAIN from using HEAT. I’ve done posts about how important this one is before so I won’t go into to much detail. If you do need to use heat at least use a heat protectant with it
- Stop with the bleach. Bleach is deadly to your hair and you will not get said hair to grow if you continue to use bleach
- try not to dye your hair in general. If you have to dye your hair, darker colors still ruin the hair but they are not as detrimental to it. also when dying your hair, as long as you don’t touch the root (where the hair is new and healthy) it will continue to grow
- try not to put all kinds of products in your hair. Most of the time you don’t know what is in these products and how they will effect different hair types.
- wash you hair less. I’m not saying let your hair get to a grease fest but if you wash your hair everyday, try not to. Your hair actually needs the oils from its scalp to remain healthy.
- try not to tie your hair up in a bun or ponytail too much. while these may look very cute, where you place your elastic will ultimately cause breakage which will not allow your hair to continue to look healthy.
- get your hair cut at least every 3-4 months. this is for the people who what to grow their hair out. getting your hair cut every 6 weeks will not allow it to grow but taking off a half inch at least every 3-4 months will tame the breakage and keep your hair healthy and growing
Some of these steps may be minimal but they can definitely help with keeping your hair healthy and growing!